Understanding the “Why”
Exploring Your Weight Loss Motivations
It’s the start of the new year…so you’re probably putting your resolutions together. If one of your resolutions is to lose weight, why? Whenever I hear that someone wants to lose weight, be it a resolution or any other time of year, my immediate response is… “Why?”
To lose weight, we need to peel back the onion to understand the why first.
Do you want more energy?
Do you want to be able to play with your children/grandchildren?
Do you want to get in and out of a chair independently?
Do you want to potentially eliminate your back and/or knee pain?
Do you want to reduce your risk for diabetes and high blood pressure?
Do you want to INCREASE YOUR HEALTH SPAN?
We have found that one of the largest common denominators in all the “why’s” is actually lack of muscle tone. As we age, as early as 30 years old, our muscle mass starts to atrophy. Our sedentary lifestyle is also a large contributor to this decline. And as our muscle declines our ability to move freely and with enthusiasm diminishes. Resulting in weight gain, risk of injury, lack of independence, and most importantly a compromised quality of life.
The EMSCULPT NEO™ Solution
Empowering Change with EMSCULPT NEO™
Staying well for as long as possible is hard work. For this very reason we LOVE the EMSCULPT NEO™. We believe the EMSCULPT NEO™ can help get you back on your feet, get you excited again, feel the power of movement, and ultimately solve for your “why” you want to lose weight. The EMSCULPT NEO™ provides individually tailored treatments that can help you eliminate fat and build muscle in several different body areas.
The EMSCULPT NEO™ uses radiofrequency and HIFEM+ (high intensity focused electromagnetic field) to non-invasively reduce fat by 30% and build muscle by 25%, on average in 30-minute sessions. A single session provides 20,000 supramaximal contractions. These contractions bypass the brain’s limitations and provide intensities not achievable during a voluntary workout, safely and most importantly – comfortably!
Real Results: A Client’s Experience with the EMSCULPT NEO™
"My experience with EMSCULPT NEO™ has been amazing! So far, I have had 3 sessions on my tummy and 2 sessions on my inner thighs. I noticed muscle definition on my tummy after just one session…my upper abs are coming back and my waist has lost at least an inch. There is no discomfort during the sessions; it’s actually incredibly comfortable. I was surprised that there is also zero muscle soreness the following day. I felt great with no down time!
My inner thighs are more toned and have made my leg workouts a little easier. Inner thigh is such a difficult area to workout and the EMSCULPT NEO™ definitely gave me the boost I was looking for in that area. I can't wait to see my final results after 4 sessions in each area!"
The Role of Muscle Tone
Aging, Muscle Atrophy, and Its Impact on Lifestyle
Discover how the EMSCULPT NEO™ targets the following 10 crucial muscle groups, their importance to your everyday lifestyle and how they contribute to your well-being.
(1) Abdominal and (2) Oblique muscles - These are referred to as “core” muscles for a reason. They are vital to every movement you make. Think posture, reaching to grab your purse from the back seat of your car, protecting your back, increasing your balance and stability, improving your respiratory function (breathing), minimize your risk of injury, promotes improved digestion, helping to reduce bloating, and so much more!
(3) Quadriceps - This muscle protects your knees! Strong quadriceps help you get up from a chair, lift something off the floor, climbing the stairs, and maintain your gait.
(4) Glutes - Your glute muscle is and should be your strongest muscles in your body. It’s the key to any propulsive movement…most think running and jumping, but walking too! Strong glutes improve posture, alignment, balance and stability which in turn protects you from injury in your low back, hips, knees, and ankles.
(5) Hamstrings - When building a muscle, you employ the mind-body connection…however, the hamstring is a difficult muscle to build on your own because of the body’s lack of ability to “feel” and contract this muscle. Yet, strong hamstrings are vital to our everyday functions such as enabling us to pick up a bag of groceries and getting in and out of our cars while simultaneously protecting us from injury.
(6) Outer Thighs and (7) Inner Thighs - We give little thought to these muscles groups outside of how they look in the mirror. Yet, these muscle groups create stability in our gait, protect our knee, ankle, and hip functions, while enabling us to stabilize our pelvis leading to core strength and balance.
(8) Calves - This is also another overlooked muscle…yet the strength of calf muscle helps to avoid injury, protects the foot and ankle, while increasing stability, posture and movement. It helps you to walk, run, jump…and to stand up straight.
(9) Biceps and (10) Triceps - These muscles work in concert with one another. While one is contracting, the other is relaxing. Without even realizing it, you use these muscle all the time! Be it lifting groceries or laundry, using your arms to get out of a chair or off the floor, getting dressed, and so much more!
And remember…when there is a weakness in one of the muscle groups, other muscle groups have to jump in a play a compensatory role they were not designed to do. Eventually this compensation will lead to injury from using the wrong muscles at the wrong time.
It is inevitable that when we focus on the intent of the muscle group we want to improve, not only do we gain function, mobility, stability and protection from injury, the muscle will continue to burn fat. All of which contributes to a healthier lifestyle, increased confidence and more enthusiasm when working out on our own.
Are you ready for a healthier lifestyle?
Book your consultation!
If you are ready to transform your body, gain muscle, achieve your health goals, don’t wait! Call Imagine Float at 860.255.7771 to book your complimentary consultation and experience a demo of the EMSCULPT NEO with our Medical Director, Karen Myrick, APRN. Let this year be your year of positive change. Seize the opportunity to kickstart you journey towards an increase in energy, independent living and ultimately an investment in your health span!
Imagine Float is a locally owned, award-winning, woman-owned wellness center in Avon, CT. We offer several innovative healing therapies that when used in synergy they have endless benefits for your physical and mental well-being. Our services and advice are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. A number of our services are not evaluated and/or approved by the FDA. We are not, nor do we claim to be, medical professionals and our therapies can not guarantee results. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Our EMSCULPT NEO service is specifically managed and performed by our Medical Director, Karen Myrick, APRN, or RN following Karen’s guidance.